Become a Community Partner and Recruit Volunteers
Is your nonprofit, school or government agency looking for volunteers?
Would you like to be able to post your volunteer opportunities to reach a broader pool of qualified and interested volunteers?
When you become a Community Partner, we will help your organization achieve your mission and goals!
Who is Eligible to Become a Community Partner?
- Be designated by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit OR be a public school, public charter school or government agency (like a city or county).
- Email proof of liability insurance that covers volunteers.
- Accept volunteers regardless of race, ethnic origin/nationality, religious affiliation, gender or sexual orientation. Age and physical ability requirements must be clearly outlined at the time of opportunity posting.
- Provide at least one Volunteer Coordinator (name, title, email and phone) as the primary contact for both the Volunteer Center and volunteers.
- Take responsibility for conducting and paying for any required background checks and fingerprinting.
- Ensure that all posted volunteer opportunities do not have a religious affiliation, are open to volunteers of all faiths, do not directly benefit a religious organization (e.g. repairing a church, painting a synagogue mural, etc.), and benefit the larger community.
- Ensure volunteers will not handle money or make direct financial/donation requests.
- Ensure volunteers will not be engaged in political campaigns or partisan activities, such as lobbying, canvassing or advocating on behalf of a candidate, party or law.
We are very excited to debut our NEW online volunteer opportunity database - the Partner Portal - and we're eager to have all of our long-time nonprofit agencies and new partners try it. We are offering the introductory pilot rates noted below for Basic and Premier Partnerships. Nonprofits with all volunteer staff or budgets less than $20k may be eligible for discount pricing; please contact Melissa McCormick, Director of Volunteer Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 212-5009 to discuss details.
Basic Partnership - $45/year
- Access to our easy-to-use Partner Portal
- Unlimited number of Volunteer Opportunities postings
- Online volunteer management - manage sign-ups, track hours and communicate with confirmed volunteers
- Training and follow-up phone assistance
Premiere Partnership - $90/year
Benefits include everything listed under Basic Partnership, plus:
- Priority status for:
- Advertising (Daily Breeze-South Bay, Press-Telegram-Long Beach)
- Featured articles about volunteer needs in our monthly eNewsletter
- Volunteer referrals
- Additional one-on-one personalized training and assistance
Once we have received your online registration, we will contact you. If you have any questions or problems, please contact Melissa McCormick, Director of Volunteer Services, at email@example.com or (310) 212-5009.