Become a Partner to Recruit Volunteers
Is your nonprofit, school, or government agency looking for volunteers?
Would you like to be able to post your volunteer opportunities to reach a broader pool of qualified and interested volunteers?
Then we are excited to partner with you to help your organization achieve your mission and goals!
Who is Eligible to Become a Partner?
Applicant Organizations Must:
- Be designated by the IRS as a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit or be a public school, public charter school, or government agency like a city or county.
- Email proof of liability insurance that covers volunteers.
- Accept volunteers regardless of race, ethnic origin/nationality, religious affiliation, gender, or sexual orientation. Age and physical ability requirements must be clearly outlined at the time of opportunity posting.
- Provide at least one Volunteer Coordinator (name, phone number and email) as the primary contact for both the Volunteer Center and volunteers.
- Provide at least one Site Captain to supervise the volunteers and track attendance.
- Take responsibility for conducting and paying for any required background checks and fingerprinting.
- Ensure that all posted volunteer opportunities do not have a religious affiliation, are open to volunteers of all faiths, do not directly benefit a religious organization (e.g. repairing a church, painting a synagogue mural, etc.), and must benefit the larger community.
- Ensure volunteers will not handle money or make direct financial/donation requests.
- Ensure volunteers will not be engaged in political campaigns or partisan activities such as lobbying, canvassing, advocating on behalf of a candidate, party, or law.
How Much Does it Cost?
We are very excited to debut our new online volunteer opportunity database, and we're eager to have all of our long-time nonprofit agencies and new partners try it. We are offering an introductory pilot rate of $45 a year to sign up for a Basic Partnership and $90 a year to sign up for a Premier Partnership level. Nonprofits with all volunteer staff or budgets less than $20k may be eligible for discount pricing. Call (310) 212-5009 to discuss.
What Are the Benefits of a Basic Partnership ($45/year)?
- Receive approved Username and Password for our easy-to-use Partner Portal
- Post an unlimited number of Volunteer Opportunities
- Increase visibility for your organization during press-heavy launch of new site
- Easily manage volunteer sign-ups, track hours and communicate with confirmed volunteers
- Free attendance at our Training Meetings and follow-up phone assistance
What Are the Additional Benefits of a Premiere Partnership ($90/year)?
Everything listed above and:
- Priority status to have your volunteer opportunities listed in our in-kind newspaper advertising space (Daily Breeze-South Bay, Press-Telegram-Long Beach)
- Priority status for inclusion in a featured article about your volunteer needs in our monthly eNewsletter
- Priority status for phone referrals
- Additional one-on-one personalized training assistance
How Do I Become a Partner?
Complete our short online registration form. Click here to complete this step.
Once we have received your online registration, we will contact you. If you have any problems, please call Melissa McCormick at (310) 212-5009.