Make A Gift That Matters
The Volunteer Center South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach is a 501c-3 nonprofit organization and most types of gifts are fully tax deductible. There are many different ways that you can choose to support us:
- Make a Donation to support our programs
- Make an In-Kind donation of goods or services
- Donate your vehicle via Cars for Causes
- Support our De De Hicks Legacy campaign with an endowment gift
- Learn about how you can easily include the Volunteer Center in your will, bequest, or trust
We have several programs that make a real difference in our shared community. Your donation will support all of them:
- Volunteer Leadership: Inspire, mobilize and empower thousands of volunteers so they can address pressing community needs
- Operation Teddy Bear: Educational materials for the most underserved children in our community
- Food For Kids: Food for impoverished families of elementary age children
- Youth Leadership Development: Training the next generation of young leaders to plan and lead volunteer activities
Simply send a check to the Volunteer Center at 1230 Cravens Ave, Torrance, CA 90501. Or, if more convenient, donate by credit card by clicking here.
Two of our programs heavily rely on the generosity of our in-kind donors. Currently, our Food for Kids program is running very low on food donations, and our Operation Teddy Bear program is in great need of school supplies.
Food For Kids
Operation Teddy Bear
Help nourish local elementary school children by printing our handy Non-Perishable Food Shopping List to take with you next time you are at the store to pick up items such as:
Tips and tricks on how to run a successful food drive can be found here.
Donate 5,700 identical literacy and educational items appropriate for first graders such as:
For a complete list, please click here.
Please call William Welch at 310-212-5009 or email him at email@example.com, if you can donate to either program.
An endowment donation is a gift that keeps on giving. The principal donation is invested in perpetuity and the investment income provides ongoing annual support for the Volunteer Center and its programs. This type of giving is for those who want to leave an enduring legacy that will be remembered for generations.
Please contact Sara Myers (310) 212-5009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your wishes and obtain an endowment donation form.
You could make a world of difference and leave a legacy that will be remembered for generations. It's simple! Just state these four things in your will or trust:
- Our full legal name: Volunteer Center, South Bay - Harbor - Long Beach
- Our address: 1230 Cravens Ave, Torrance, CA 90501
- Our Tax ID: 95-230-1600
- The nature of the gift (for example, cash, stock, bonds, or other property).
- Any specific designation you would like such as ensuring your gift will be preserved in our permanent endowment.
It's even simpler to name the Volunteer Center as the beneficiary of property such as a bank account, life insurance policy, or retirement plan. The bank or other company usually provides a form for you to use. Do let us know if you want your legacy to be used for an enduring endowment, capital improvements, or programs to support the community.
Contact Sara Myers (310) 212-5009 or email email@example.com for more details.
To donate a car, truck or boat, please click here or call 888-493-9186.
- You get the tax deduction.
- Local towing at no cost to you.
- Fast pickup. Within 24 - 48 hours.
- Email & paper receipts.
- Simple online donation form.
- No paperwork for you.
- You help a very worthy cause.
Cars 4 Causes® expertise allows them, when appropriate, to recondition and sell your donated vehicle through one of their proprietary sale locations. If your donated vehicle isn't retail worthy, they sell it through the finest wholesale auction houses or to their clean air buyers to maximize the donated vehicle sale price, meaning a greater tax deduction value for you! We accept all kinds of items:
If you have any questions about how the Volunteer Center can meet your charitable goals for the future, please contact President/CEO, Sara Myers at 310-212-5009.